Labels

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Update on the Blog-Front...

I decided, with good reason, to change the name of the Blog into something more easy to remember and quote...

Although it sounds like a medieval tavern, the name is chosen for a reason. First, the oak was the sacred tree of Zeus the leader of the Olympian Gods and up until the middle ages felling an oak was considered a crime... The Greeks, for hundreds of years,have used the cups of the oak seeds in tanning and the seeds as an emergency food... In ancient Greece, there was a large oak over the Oracle of Dodoni in Epirus which was said to rustle its leaves when a prophecy was given... The Mountain is chosen for its sheer size and rooted power and because most of my journeys take me to forests up in the mountains...

1 comment:

  1. I like the name, maybe because my home is surrounded by white oaks.

    ReplyDelete